Sunday, February 7, 2016

Maddie and Clover

Hey everyone, Kitty here to share my first individual coloring for Heather Valentin's Coloring without Boundaries group using a Lacy Sunshine stamp. I have been on the Lacy Sunshine DT for well over a year and now I am part of the coloring team. I must say I am very excited and it's pretty scary too. I haven't had any education in coloring. I just bought Promarkers and went for it. 

Thank you Heather for letting me be a part of your new amazing team!

I got to play with this cute Lacy Sunshine digi called Maddie and Clover. I started by adding it to a digital background that I love to use. 

I always start with coloring skin and I have found my perfect color combo and always use it. Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush and for the cheeks I use Baby Pink. After the skin is done I always go back with the darkest color (in this case Coral) and draw along the lines of the edges to create a bit more shading. I have a fineliner nib on the dark colors for those narrow lines.

After the skin it's on to the hair. You don't need a lot of colors to create hair. I now show you you can just use 2 colors (Walnut and Spice) by switching the colors to create more depth. I don't leave white bits so I go over those parts with the lightest color.

Now it's time for everything else. TIP: With a new color combination I always try it out on a piece of scrap dpc paper. That's how I found this combo (Island Lagoon, Frosted Jade and Pastel Green) and love it.

Here's the chart with all the colors I used. TIP: If you need the blender marker to erase color wait until the ink is dry. It erases and won't bleed the colors.

Here's a photo of the finished image.

Thanks for visiting and I wish you a colorful Sunday!

Hugs,
Kitty

1 comment:

  1. Love the shading and blending on that hat Kitty! Really looks rounded - and those colors are delicious! The best part for me is the the background colors blended like they are!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete