Monday, February 22, 2016

Rory's Tender Loving Care

Hello, fellow crafters.  Julie here from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  I have a tutorial to share with you today on how I color eyes with Copic markers.

First, I'll show you the finished project, using Rory's Tender Loving Care...

As previously stated, I colored Rory's Tender Loving Care with Copic markers.

You can only see one of Rory's eyes (I can just hear my mom saying, "Get your hair out of your eyes!"), but I thought a tutorial on that one eye, demonstrating eye color, would be helpful.  Here's how I do it:

With a large eye like this one, I try to use 4 colors.  On this eye,  I used B21, B23, B26, and BV25

Start with B21...


Add B23, leaving the bottom area with just the first color.

Add the 3rd color, in the case B26, concentrating more on the top of the eye, where it naturally appears darker.

Add the final color (BV25), as close to the eyelashes as you can.

Then, go over all 4 colors again with your lightest marker (B21) to blend them together:

Here's Rory's Tender Loving Care, with coloring complete, and made into a center step card.


I hope this was helpful! Thanks for visiting today. 

Check out this blog each day for wonderful tutorials, coloring, and tips. Then, check out the Coloring Without Boundaries group on Facebook for even more inspiration, support, and ideas. 

2 comments: