Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Gizelle -- Melancholy Muppet

Hello, fellow colorists!  Julie O here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  Today, I'm showcasing a beautiful Lacy Sunshine digi by Heather Valentin.   I have a step-by-step guide of how I colored her skin in this image.






 Here's how I colored her skin.  I wanted it to be in shadow, as she is under an umbrella.  I used E000, E11, E00, E13, R20 (for blush), and R21 (on lips).

I start with a base coat of E000 to dampen the paper.

I then switch to my darkest color.  In this case, it's E13

Next, I add E11

Then, E00 -- I use quite a bit of this, to do more blending:


Here's the skin, completely blended, blush and lips done, too:

Other colors used:
Hair -- Y00, Y21, Y32, E53
Umbrella -- RV11, RV32, RV34, E04
Dress -- BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78, RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99
(shoes are the same RV combination)
Puddle -- BG10, BG11, C01
Zig Wink of Stella



This blog is a great resource for wonderful coloring tutorials and tips.  Check it out often!   Join the Coloring Without Boundaries Facebook group, too, for more great inspiration.   Heather is also offering online Art Classes -- check them out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment